Camp Bestival is committed to engaging with the local community. We regularly engage with Local Authorities, Police, Fire and Ambulance; the highways and transport teams for local train operators. We also listen carefully to the parish councils in the surrounding areas of the event.
A number of improvements were made following the 2022 event:
• Main stage will finish at 11pm (previously midnight on Fri & Sat)
• Subsidiary stages finish at midnight (Pigs Big / Wedding Disco (previously 1am on Fri & Sat)
• Bollywood, Big Top & Caravanserai finish at 1am (previously 2am on Fri & Sat)
• Arena moved further south into Parkland
• Main stage orientated to play SSE instead of North
• Bollywood orientated to play SSW instead of East
• Caravanserai orientated to play West instead of East
• Tong Gate will be used in 2023 for premium campervan entrance via A41 (approx. for 400 campervans)
Noise mapping shows that the change in orientation of stages as well as changes to finishing times will have an improvement on noise levels compared to 2022.
If you have any queries or feedback, please do email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of the Camp Bestival 2023 event at Weston Park are below:
• Event dates: Thursday 17th August to Monday 21st August
• Site build/break: Friday 4th August to Friday 25th August
Whilst we hope you will not have cause to do so, residents may call this number for any matters of concern:
0161 647 7934 - operational times are 24 hours during event days: Thursday 17th August 09:00 to Monday 21st August 13:00
If you wish to contact the festival outside of these hours, please email: email@example.com
Working with The Local Community
A dedicated External Event Manager will be working with residents to discuss and resolve issues and feedback any suggestions for future improvement.
Contact is via the resident’s hotline number or email as above.
Representatives from our Event Management Team, including Acoustic Consultants, together with representatives from the Local Authority will also be on site throughout the weekend to respond to any issues.
Event Build & Break Traffic
• All contractor traffic coming to Weston Park have been instructed to access via the A5. Access to site will be via the Shrewsbury Gate (Green).
Event Visitors Arrival
• Arrival from the West – Directed to the M54 Junction 3 then the A41 and A5.
• Arrival from the East – Directed from Cannock via the A5.
• Arrival from North & South – Directed to the M6 Junction 12 then access via the A5 from Gailey Roundabout.
A small number of vehicles will be accessing off the A41, onto Offoxey Road, to Mill Lane, accessing site via Tong Gate.
Event Visitors Leaving
• All egress traffic will be directed to exit via the A5 and A41 as appropriate.
Mill Lane will be closed throughout the operating times of the festival. This will be from Thursday 17th August 07:00hrs to Monday 21st August 13:00hrs. A local diversion will be signed. Click on the map below for a printable PDF:
Refuse Removal and Disposal
There will be litter picking teams in place each day and they will clean surrounding roads in the area on a regular basis.
Please note there will be a small low noise fireworks display lasting around 5 minutes on Sunday 20th August at approximately 22:25. However we will have the Red Devils Parachute team display at approximately 10:15am on Saturday 19th August for 30 minutes and a night display at 22:30 on Sunday 20th August (this will include flares).
We are keen for your feedback; if you think any additional information should be included on our website, please get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A residents debrief meeting will be held in the late Autumn. Details will be published in due course.
Camp Bestival Team